prorec plumbing carbon-monoxide guaranteed plumbing works

Often known as the ‘Silent Killer”, carbon monoxide is an odourless, colourless gas created when fuels (such as gasoline, wood, coal, natural gas, propane, oil, and methane) burn incompletely.

In the home, heating and cooking equipment that burn fuel can be sources of carbon monoxide if they are faulty and/or haven’t been serviced and can prove fatal!

Call ProRec Plumbing Solutions today to get your home tested!

Carbon monoxide (CO) is an odourless, colourless gas. In the past decade nine Victorians have died from carbon monoxide poisoning, including brothers Chase and Tyler Robinson who died in their Mooroopna home in May 2010.

The Office of the Technical Regulator and the ProRec Plumbing team urge EVERYONE with indoor gas appliances and landlords who rent out homes withindoor gas appliances to have them serviced every 2 years to avoid this problem repeating.

A very small amount of carbon monoxide is always produced by the combustion of gas, which is safe AND if the appliance is used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and is not faulty. If a gas appliance or installation is faulty then there is a risk that very high or deadly levels of carbon monoxide may occur. There are a number of easy ways to protect yourself and your family from carbon monoxide poisoning: